Tuesday, September 22, 2009

2009 Belly Dancer of the Universe

I attended the BDUC competition in Long Beach in 2008 in Universal Category. I have placed 1st runner up, which I was happy about, but of course winning gives you a different feeling. You are more up on the Cloud 9
Universal Category has pretty tough requirements, playing finger cymbals, and follow 4/4, 9/8 and 6/8 rythms. I have used Persian song for my end routine which is 6/8, I have started with Egyptian upbeat 4/4, and taksim and used Turkish Romani (more like slow Gayda) as 9/8 which I love.
I did not change much in my routine and went to 2009 competition. I have passed the preliminary, one of the 4 dancers, went to Finals the next day. I did not want to feel nervous cause I know I dont do well when I am nervous...but how cannot you.
Our category was of course the last category to compete, I am already tired of waiting and being nervous. I have gone 1st in the lineup, oh mine...that made it actually a lot easier on my nerve system.
Shortly after the competition, winners announced...
YES I MADE IT!!!!
Larry, one of my fan from San Diego dance community, was there to cheer for me...I cried and he screames "YES, YES, YEAH" hahaha that was pretty cool of him cheer for me very hard.
I hugged with Mariam, who won the Egyptian Category, took pictures with sponsors Sami Faraq, Rahana, Harry Saroyan....this was a moment in my dance career.

No comments:

Post a Comment